I help build and manage cloud services, primarily IaaS and BaaS. I've got over 15 years of experience in a variety of roles in IT operations, management, sales, and product marketing and product management.
Data center infrastructure
I manage iland’s cloud backup and cloud storage services from concept to design, cost, and promotion, including the operational and technical processes involved in quoting/sizing, deployment, and support.
- Product development and release management.
- Market research.
- Portfolio roadmapping.
- Sales enablement.
- Performed market research and financial modeling for new products/services.
- Earned Pragmatic Marketing certifications.
- Initiated new SAN replication service for Pittsburgh market.
- Improved data center customer experience.
- Led project to POC and migrate from Veritas Netbackup to Commvault
- Led project to consolidate monitoring systems onto SevOne
- Led next-generation corporate intranet project.
- Represented IT in company website refresh project.
- Migrated MSA.com to Amazon Web Services.
- Represented IT in next-generation product development built on MapR Apache Hadoop.
- Managed five FTE positions that are responsible for relationships between IT division and business units.
- Planned and managed annual user satisfaction survey.
- Managed annual IT division internship program.
- Led solution development for external sales opportunities.
- Managed participatory impact measurement project.
- Managed SMS e-governance project.
- Migrated to new web hosting provider & set up Google Apps.
- Implemented organization Linux server
- Created standard data collection forms in Word
- Implemented databases in Django, Access, and Excel.
- Trained staff in Excel, Access, and MIS concepts.
- Led research and evaluation of e-mail archiving products.
- Wrote proposals in response to client RFPs.
- Coordinated technical resources to meet ongoing needs of business units.
- Chairperson of school-wide IT committee. Used committee budget of $180,000 to select and implement the following projects:
- Training to over 100 staff via IT training program.
- Desktop backup to over 90 PCs via storage-as-a-service vendor.
- Shared VMware virtual server hosting.
- Managed several Dean’s Office projects:
- School website refresh.
- Centralized financial and personnel system.
- Managed IT operations for department with 120 staff.
- Led development team in planning and implementing a .NET billing web app and an online ordering web app